A married father of two riding his way through the crazy life of parenthood, trying to balance family, work and training for an upcoming marathon and Half Ironman triathlon. It's a process. It's a gift. It's life. LIVE IT!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

What A Treat


Wow, what a busy week at work and at home. One thing had to give and I will say updating LoneStarCrank suffered. Like most of you, I'm sure you had your fill of tricking-and-treating... and for us, Halloween was definitely a treat. Our 2 ½ year old loved every moment of her first "real" trick or treating experience and had a great night. As has been customary for our family for the past 3 Halloweens, we attended our churches Fall Festival on Halloween night and it was a rousing success.


Lots of great "trunk-or-treating" (imagine tailgating and trick-or-treating mixed together), lots of bounce houses and a petting zoo. We were all loving hearing Chicklet yelling, "chugga, chugga, choo, choo, Thomas!". Our couples bible study group got in on the trunk-or-treating action and caught a little case of Saturday Night Fever.

I was a proud papa watching our little Thomas the Train enjoy the night. There were so many little girls dressed as princesses, fairies and angels — and while all very cute, there was a sense of pride I felt knowing that our girl took a different direction. When my wife took our little one to look for costumes she gave her free reign. Instead of picking out the princess costume or a frilly, girlie one, Chicklet picked out Thomas. It may not seem like a big deal, but I was proud of her independence. And let me tell you she loved every minute of the party and didn't want to leave.

Workouts have been going well. My strong 10 miler last weekend has been followed this week by good base runs and a speed workout. I'm hoping to sneak in a run and a ride this weekend to celebrate this incredible weather we're having in Austin. I'm also faced with some decisions that I'll have to sort out in the next few weeks. Registration is now open for the Longhorn Half Ironman in Austin next October and I need to make that decison before commiting to any other races next season. Stay tuned.

Workout stats:
Downtown streets/Town Lake Trail
6 miles
57.10
9:31 avg pace

2 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Your kids are so adorable! I would be very proud if my girl chose a Thomas outfit too.

Do the half!

Jodi

8:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little girl was spiderman a few years ago.

I am struggling with the idea of doing a half myself. It is a big time commitment and I don't know if I am ready.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home