A married father of two riding his way through the crazy life of parenthood, trying to balance family, work and training for an upcoming marathon and Half Ironman triathlon. It's a process. It's a gift. It's life. LIVE IT!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Potty Bootcamp - Day 3



Do you have any idea the average number of times a two year old needs to go to the restroom on a daily basis? Apparently, neither did I...I mean, I know we were changing a lot of diapers, but holy cow, I had no idea the amount of pee those little bodies produce. Day 3 and I am proud to report, not only has Chicklet excelled at the potty training but she's on the verge of being a collector of every kind of "panties" we can find.

On day 1 of this oddysey Chicklet announced she wanted to find some "monkey panties" after she filled up Potty Sticker chart number 2 -- this girl knows what she wants. Happy to oblige I told her if she filled up her second chart of 10 stickers for going pee pee and poo poo I'd get her some monkey panties...heck, when I promised monkey's she could have hit me up for just about anything to get her out of the diapers. If you look closely at the picture above, you can see we hit gold. The lure of Curious George was strong and after less than 48 hours our little girl had earned her second pair of underwear...which came at a good time because pair number 1 were quickly retired to the laundry after a little number 1 action. A small setback/accident that Chicklet has quickly rebounded from -- not only has she performed well at home, I can happily say she's hit her mark while at church and at a restaurant. So tonight, yes, I am cashing in all my manhood for a potty party in honor of our quick learner. And, I've got to say, it's a big day at our house.

No scheduled workout today... but I've probably logged a mile or so just going to the bathroom every time our little girl needs to sit down. (Wonder if I can claim that milage?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home