A married father of two riding his way through the crazy life of parenthood, trying to balance family, work and training for an upcoming marathon and Half Ironman triathlon. It's a process. It's a gift. It's life. LIVE IT!

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Lighten-ing the Load


What an incredible morning to hit the trail. Could not have been better weather or a prettier sunrise. I took a break from spin class to hit the trail with no real pace goal. But once I started, I welcomed what I was feeling and seeing on the Garmin. No doubt due to my increased training load on the bike and my shedding 11 lbs, it was a killer morning to push my fitness. Step-by-step I was feeling stronger, lighter and faster. Came in with a pace :30 seconds faster than normal, shorter distance run and still felt strong after 5 miles. Does wonders for the body and mind!

Quick shower at Mellow Johnny's downtown and off to work. Great way to start the day...and, more importantly, see some results! Looking forward to Friday's Spin Class, a long ride this weekend and time with the family.

2 Comments:

Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Great job!

11:07 AM

 
Anonymous Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!
Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com

4:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home