A married father of two riding his way through the crazy life of parenthood, trying to balance family, work and training for an upcoming marathon and Half Ironman triathlon. It's a process. It's a gift. It's life. LIVE IT!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Is this really Winter?

What a day in Austin! Woke up ready to put in some miles on the trial...dressed for seasonable weather, stepped outside and WOW....humid and 68 at 7 a.m. Are you kidding me? After a short drive and some shedding of many layers. I hit the trail for a 6 miler. I couldn't help but share a few trips down memory lane watching the many training groups doing their long runs in preparation for the upcoming Texas marathons. Was daydreaming back to those days of discipline and great training when it hit me.... those days are still here. Maybe not logging those miles, but the frequency is there...just not the intensity.

Wrapped up a great run and bookended the day with a our maiden voyage as a family with Chicklet (4 1/2-year-old daughter) on the trail-a-bike. Mom was game for pulling little man in the bike trailer and we scooted a few miles to get his hair cut and enjoy a coffee. Chicklet was a pro hitched up on the trail a bike. Even dug down and cranked up the effort on a few uphills. We made the loop, pedaled home and pulled into the driveway with about 5 1/2 miles under our belts for the first trip. It was AWESOME.


Part of the way through the ride, she even told me...."Daddy we have aour own cycling team now!" It was one of those priceless experiences of sharing one of my great loves with my daughter. I sense it will be the start of some great adventures linking us together.... I pray it's just the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home